Ambisonics Externals for MaxMSP
Institute for Computer Music and Sound Technology / (ICST) Zurich University of the Arts
A set of externals for MaxMSP for Ambisonics surround sound processing and source-control in three dimensions.
These externals are the result of research and practise using Ambisonics since 2000 and have been tested and used in numerous concerts, compositions and installations
The package includes five externals:
- ambiencode~ encode n audio-channels in ambisonic b-format
- ambidecode~ decode ambisonic b-format to n audio-channels
- ambipanning~ ambisonics equivalent panning (without intermediate B-format)
- ambimonitor graphical user interface object for sound-source placement
- ambicontrol control sound-sources in the ambimonitor in a variety of ways
This software is released under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License (LGPL). For more information regarding this license go to www.gnu.org.
- Version 2.3.2 – released November 2015ICST Ambisonics tool for Max 7 32bit / 64bit – OS X and Windows (compatible with Max 6.1.9)
- Version 3.0 coming soon!