ICST Ambisonics Plugins in Reaper
[A] Decoder tracks
- AmbiDecoder for ambisonics playback over speakers (Examples shows 8-Speakers)
[B] Bformat track
- Here we create our Master-Track as Bformat
- Here you also have the possibility to transpose the B-format with 3rd party plugins.
[C] Audio source tracks
- These are the audio source tracks in each of these tracks we can place or move a mono signal with a AmbiEncoder plugin each.
Important for the correct calculation of motion data with the audio is the correct audio signal flow in Reaper.
In this example we will show the audio signal flow for third order Ambisonics.
[A] In the AmbiEncoder Track (Source_01) press „Route" —> a new widows opens
[B] Under "Track channels" we choose 16 channels
[C] Press „Add new send…" and create a „Send to track 3 „Bformat_O3" (16ch)
[A] In the "Bformat_O3"-Track —> open the „Route-windows"
[B] If we've already routed all AmbiEncoder tracks, we should see them here.
- Receive from track 4 „Source_01 (16ch)
- Receive from track 5 „Source_02 (16ch)
[C] we now need 2 sends to send the B format once to the decoder (Speakers) and once to the Binaural decoder.
[A] Finally we have to check the decoder routes
[B] The decoder [AmbiDecoder_O3_32] gets the Bformat_O3(16ch) —> „Receive from Track 3 „Bformat_O3" (16ch)
[C] After the decoding process it plays it out via the hardware outputs
Record the Encoder parameters:
[A] To display the transaction data or the placement, proceed as follows:
- Click FX automation to select "write".
- For Playback set the FX automation back to "read"!
[B] When you activate "Arm" (vst parameters) you enable recording those parameters.
[C] Now we can move the source point or place it in the Timeline and
[D] Data are collected by the DAW (Reaper) as cartesian coordinates [x] [y] [z]]