Ambisonics Mix Notes
Institute for Computer Music and Sound Technology / (ICST) Zurich University of the Arts
- Recorded files intended for the ambiance mix should already be denoised, pre-compressed and equalized.
- The Ambisonic order defines the resolution of the final mix's sound directionality.
- The project's template is strictly related to the defined order of Ambisonics.
- When using many Ambisonic tools, it is essential to pay attention to what types of channel ordering and normalization are implemented. In case of incompatibility, use encoders.
- Ambisonic microphone signals are represented in the A-format, which requires conversion to B-format.
- Ambisonic encoders are used to convert mono signals into B-Format.